Improve this page
How to Configure OJS for Automatic Deposits
1) Ensure that all Journal Setup steps that the Crossref plugin requires have been filled in. Under Journal Setup Step 1, you will need the following:
- Journal Title
- Journal Initials
- Journal Abbreviation
- Journal ISSN (or electronic ISSN)
- Principal Contact (name and email)
- Technical Support Contact (name and email)
- Publisher (Institution and URL)
2) Enable and configure the “DOI” public identifier plugin at System Plugins -> Public Identifier Plugins -> DOI Plugin.
- First, Enable the plugin; then configure the plugin Settings.
- For plugin settings, ensure that you have only Articles and Supplementary Files checked for depositing Journal Content.
- You must also include a DOI prefix which you get from Crossref, and additionally must configure the DOI suffix. We strongly recommend using the default patterns if you are a new journal and have not previously had DOIs issued.
3) Ensure that your articles have DOIs assigned to them.
4) Ensure that page numbers are enabled and present for the articles you are submitting.
- First, navigate to Journal Setup Step 4.3 Identification of Journal Content
- Enable the Page Numbers option.
- Secondly, navigate to your journal issues and include page numbers in the fields provided.
- make sure the page format is either just the first page, or
first page - last page, for example:
- The spacing is important for automatic deposit, and it is best to stick to a basic dash to separate the numbers.
5) Configure the Crossref Deposit Plugin. This can be done from Import/Export -> Crossref Export/Registration Plugin.
- The plugin will tell you whether the overall system requirements have been satisfied.
- Depositor name and email will be initially retrieved from the journal’s Primary Contact information, but you can change this if you like.
- If you have your Crossref login credentials, you can supply them here and enable automatic DOI deposit.
Depositing DOIs with Crossref #
If you have configured the plugin to work automatically, OJS will deposit DOIs as they are created without your intervention. You can check the Unregistered Articles page to confirm that DOIs have been deposited.